What are the advantages of progesterone only birth control pills?

Several. Actually they are more effective than traditional sequential, combination pills because there are no hormone-free days. They do not cause strokes, blood clots or heart attacks. They may cause less decrease in your libido than combination pills which suppress testosterone production more from your ovaries.
Progesterone. It may be a better alternative hormonal contraception in patients with family history or personal history of blood clots in legs (deep vein thrombosis ) or pulmonary embolism(pe) who can not good candidates for other non hormonal or other contraceptions. This risk of DVT and pe with Progesterone use is way less than when estrogen or combination hormone of estrogen and Progesterone are used.
No estrogen. The Progesterone only pill is great for breastfeeding moms because it will not affect the milk supply. Any woman who cannot tolerate estrogen may be able to use the Progesterone only pill for contraception.