Did i really gain five pounds in one week? I am in college and i eat very healthily and weigh 122 pounds. I am currently training for a marathon and work out every day. Last week i went home for spring break and i went out to dinner a lot and ate more tha

Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Sure, no problem

You could easily gain 5 in a week.
Resume your usual training and add some extra water to your daily intake. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. As you build muscle you might gain weight. But, see how you look and how your clothes fit. What holr is the belt on ? Weight is only one indicator. Don't sweat it. Good luck in the 26.2.

In brief: Sure, no problem

You could easily gain 5 in a week.
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler

In brief: Hello,

Hello, your liver stores glycogen which holds a lot of water. If you have not been eating a lot of carbs and have low glycogen stores, and then suddenly eat lots of carbs; your glycogen level can increase with resultant increase in weight due to fluids.

In brief: Hello,

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine