Can you tell me what combination birth control pills are?

Estrogen/progesteron. Combination pills contain one form of estrogen and one form of progesterone. There are also Progesterone only birth control pills that are used more frequently for breastfeeding mothers. Ask your doctor what pill is right for you!
Two hormones. Combination pills contain an estrogen and a progestin. This is in contrast to progestin-only methods. These include the so-called 'minipill' (micronor (norethindrone) and others) and depo-provera. In combination pills it is the progestational agent that provides the contraceptive effect. The estrogen is there to give the woman a regular menstrual period, but also can prodce side effects.