Is a bloodpressurer reading of 158/110 and pulse of 74 ok for a male , 55years of age, muscular build...Within a safe range? Sick last weekend...Vertigo and nauseated. States he doesn't feel right on the side...Went to clinic this am, and they made an a

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: His

His pulse is ok, but that blood pressure is high.
158/110 is in the "stage 2" category of hypertension. Untreated long term, it can lead to organ damage, so I am glad that he has a doctor's visit. His doctor will check his blood pressure again since a single reading can be false or can be elevated due to external causes such as stress. If his symptoms worsen, call his doctor, otherwise you can wait until the appointment. I attached a website below that has lots of great information about high blood pressure. Good luck!

In brief: His

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine