What o t c lotion is the best for psoriasis dry skin? Hello, i, ve had psoriasis for a number of years and the dry itchy skin is miserable, thanks, judy

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: Psoriasis

Psoriasis is an inflammatory condition, so otc moisturizer creams/lotions only help to a small extent.
Read more about treatment options for the various types of psoriasis at the link below. Also, take a quick peek at the eczema page to make sure this isn't what you might be suffering from. I hope that helps a little!

In brief: Psoriasis

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward
Dr. Harry Greenberg
Dermatology

In brief: Scytera

Scytera is an otc coal tar foam that smells like licorice and can be used in psoriasis.
I like creams better than lotions for moisturization, and i like ointments better than creams for fissured/cracked skin. Ointments are typically just a grease without any water, whereas creams and lotions have water in them. Right now, i'm liking cerave cream & cetaphil's new restoreaderm line of skin care products. The american academy of dermatology is holding their annual meeting this next week and there may be some new innovations in the works. Additionally, the national psoriasis foundation is a wonderful support network for people with psoriasis, their link is below. Best wishes!

In brief: Scytera

Dr. Harry Greenberg
Dr. Harry Greenberg