Is it safe to take ris it safe to takeperidone safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women?

Not breastfeeding. Risperidone is a strong medication for use in women with psychiatric illness. It can be used in pregnancy with your doctor's supervision. Some infants will show signs of withdrawl after birth, but the benefits may be better than the risks of stopping. Risperidone will pass into breast milk and a woman should use formula instead.
Prenatal Consult. This is a question that needs to be answered on a case-by-case basis. All drugs have risks, but the risks of going off them need to be weighed vs the benefits of staying on them and the risks of taking the medication during pregnancy or nursing. Psychiatric conditions pose their own risks to a pregnancy, too. See a perinatal psychiatrist to help you with this risk-benefit analysis.