Can group b strep trigger a herpes outbreak? Can i pass herpes through saliva with no outbreak? Have had no outbreaks for over a year or more and suddenly my husband and i got one the other night. I have no sores in or on my mouth... But did get a call to

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry

Yes you can get or give herpes through saliva and yes it can stay dormant for years without any symptoms and individuals called carriers, a weakening immune system may cause the viruse to be active like depression or any physical illness can trigger the outbreak.

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Any

Any stress on the body (group b strep infection in your case) can trigger a herpes outbreak.
As far as passing herpes through the saliva with no outbreak, it is possibile but not very likely. A person is most contagious right before, during, and immediately after an outbreak. Research has shown that low levels of the virus can be detected at times other than stated previously, however like i stated previously the risk of transmission during this time is extremely low. On the other hand group b strep is very contagious, and you should avoid any intimate contact or sharing drinks, etc, until at least a week or so after you finish the antibiotics, take good care.

In brief: Any

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Shontae Buffington