I have a recuring hernia that came back from years ago shoul I have surgery. It bothers me sometimes and make my stomac hurt sometimes I am 61 yr old

I . I do not know where your hernia is located. Generally a hernia that recurs or comes back, and is causing you symptoms or discomfort, should be repaired as long as you are otherwise fairly healthy. You should first see your doctor to be sure that you do have another hernia.
Consultation. There are many variables, and a recurrent hernia merits a consultation with a hernia surgeon. In general, the risk of it getting worse is small, but the risk if an operation is generally small. You will have to decide how bad the problem is and what the operation will be like to make a decision. Because not all hernias are the same, see a surgeon for more detail.