How effective is withdrawal as a birth control method to prevent pregnancy?

Like Russian roulette. The penis (gun) is loaded & secreting sperm continuously during intercourse. It only takes one healthy sperm getting trough to get you pregnant. If this is your BC method make plans for pregnancy, since it is likely to happen sooner or later.
Not effective. The man secrets seminal fluid during intercourse that will have some sperms which will render you at risk of pregnancy, this is even before ejaculation. So withdrawal may have been a little bit to late.
Not very. Withdrawal is not very effective for birth control pill. It is essential to use a barrier method if true birth control is required.