How long will it take for marijuana get out of your system if you only smoke it on time my husband has liver cancer and is waiting for a transplant , he has a lot of pain

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: A few days

One time use does not cause it to stick around for very long, usually a day or less.
However, with serious liver disease, some of it may stick around a bit longer, but certainly not more than a few days. I don't think most transplant centers would be doing drug tests, though.

In brief: A few days

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg

In brief: Marijuana

Marijuana is detected by checking for it's metabolite: tetrahydrocannabinol.
If your husband has only smoked it once, it's metabolites will probably stop showing up in urine within a week.

In brief: Marijuana