What type of migraine do I have ? They hit with out warning. I get really sick to the point where I am vomiting, the light, smell of food or any noises make it worse.My face swells some times and all I am able to do is lock myself in a cold dark quite roo

Dr. Michael Stern
Dentistry

In brief: Seek out MD

Tests required to diagnose the type.
If your face swells could be muscular in nature, which would be actually easier for me to treat neuromuscularly.

In brief: Seek out MD

Tests required to diagnose the type.
Dr. Michael Stern
Dr. Michael Stern

In brief: Not

Not all headaches that lead to vomiting are migraine headaches.
I recommend that you make an appointment with a neurologist for an evaluation of your headaches. He or she will be able to determine if these are migraine headaches and if not; what type they are. If migraine; you doctor will be able to diagnose which type of migraine and then help you with a treatment plan. You and your doctor will likely first make a decision between preventive and abortive medications.

In brief: Not

Dr. Vicken Poochikian