Why is my body always tense? As far back as i can remember, my body is always tense or tight. I can get a massage on back to back days and each therapist will tell me how tight or tense i am. This affects my life including passing gas and bowel movements.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: The

The question is, does the tense feeling or tightness cause pain or discomfort besides the issue with gas and defecation.
If you have pain from this then you may be dealing with a condition called fibromyalgia. This is a common syndrome in which a person has chronic pain in many areas and is characterized by tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons. If you have not had a complete work up by your doctor you should do so right away. Also if you have an issues of stress, anxiety, or depression these needs to be addressed as well. Best of luck.

In brief: The

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Andrea Brand