My legs below the knees hurt most of the time and are most of the time swollen. My feet also hurt on the top of them, but not on the bottom. I don't salt my food but when i eat something that is salty my hands and lower legs and feet ache and swell. I

In brief: My legs below the kn

Discuss side effects with your internist from any meds you take that can cause swelling as well as some conditions such as high bp, lymphedema, venous insufficiency.
Salt can definitely cause swelling. Get venous ultrasound, consult with vascular dr. Support stockings, exercise, venous pump can help, loosing weight if you are over-weight helps tremendously.

In brief: My legs below the kn

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Please

Please see your primary care doctor and have this completely evaluated.
You need to get your renal function checked. You may also have low serum albumen (protein) that causes edema. You may need to be on medications to help you with the swelling. You may need your heart function checked. Please be seen and have this completely evaluated.

In brief: Please

Dr. Laura Piluso
Besides the recommendations from Dr. Engrav, also have your vascular system evaluated by a couple of non-invasive tests to see how your arteries and veins are working. Helps to be as thorough as possible.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine