Could you tell me about an iud?

Great option. The intrauterine device is a small T-shape item which is placed up inside the uterus. There are 2 approved IUDs in the US. 1. Mirena (levonorgestrel) which can last up to 5 years and contains a small amount of progesterone giving you the benefit of light or no periods. 2. Paragard which can last up to 10 years and gives you a hormone free option. Both are safe, highly effective, well tolerated & popular options.
IUD. The IUD, whether it's hormonal or copper, is one of the safest and most effective methods of birth control that you can use. It's long-lasting, reversible, and b/c it's made to work inside the uterus, it doesn't cause systemic side effects. You can have it placed and have your doctor remove it anytime you want to get pregnant. Highly recommended for pregnancy prevention.
Highly effective. The IUD is one of the safest, most cost-effective method of birth control around. It easy and quick to insert.