For the past couple of months, I have had aching in my right foot and ankle, as well as my right hip. What can this be? My hip has been aching off and on over a longer period. My left knee also hurts, but more like pain instead of aching. I am 61 yrs. Old

Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry

In brief: There

There are many different kinds of arthritic conditions that would cause joint pain to "migrate" from joint to joint.
A disc problem in your lower back can also cause pain at any point or points from the hip on down to the foot (without your back actually hurting). Also, are you taking a statin to lower cholesterol? Statins are notorious for causing all sorts of muscle and joint aches and pains. "use it or lose it" has its corollary with the fox inverse square rule of life: "as we get older, we get uglier and sicker." sometimes, it feels like an uphill battle, but it's very important to stay active. I would discuss these symptoms with your doctor, who should be able to piece things together to find an answer for you. Good luck and feel better!

In brief: There

Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Adam Levy