Is it safe to take hydrocodone 325mg when I have a cold will it be ok if i take hydrocodone if I am in pain even though I have a cold

Dr. Julian Goldman
Anesthesiology

In brief: You should be OK.

The cold should not affect the safety of taking the medication.
However, you must be careful about taking cold medicines with the pain medication. Your pharmacist will be able to provide guidance.

In brief: You should be OK.

Dr. Sudhir Khemka
Anesthesiology

In brief: If

If you have been presribed hydroconde for chronic pain and you have been taking then you can continue taking it as needed as advised by your physician.
If u have common cold then it is not contraindication not to take pain medicine but you have to be careful not to take too many bacause it is not treating your cold and please be careful taking too many tylenol (acetaminophen) along with hydrocodone because hydrocone tabs have tylenol (acetaminophen) in it.Thanks.

In brief: If

Dr. Cindy Juster