I took a four pill pack of zithromax on sunday. I'm having a birthday party on saturday, is it ok for me to drink alcohol? Just want to make sure it wont have a counter effect to medicine or harm me.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: By

By the date of this post your party has passed.
For the future or for anyone reading this, in a situation like this if you drink while taking zithromax or any antibiotic for that matter it will not interfere with the effectiveness of the antibiotic. The only issue you may encounter is GI (stomach) issues, which are common with alcohol and also with antibiotics. When combined this could cause more stomach upset, diarrhea, and vomiting. Lastly, consider if you are on antibiotics then you were dealing with an illness or getting over something and drinking while sick is probably not the best idea. Take care.

In brief: By

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. William Forsythe