I was diagnosed with sciatica 8 weeks ago it hasn't improved after 8 weeks rest pt heat haven't helped could it be my hip? I saw my PC doctor 8 weeks ago after i injured my back after running.I was diagnosed with sciatica after an MRI to my back were neg

Dr. Brian Le
Pain Management

In brief: Sciatica

If your MRI of lumbar spine was negative, the cause of your pain is unclear. I recommend you see a neurologist for a nerve conduction test to further evaluate the pain.

In brief: Sciatica

Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Pinched Nerve/Muscle

Most times back pain that is sudden onset will resolve.
He should use anti-inflammatory meds like ibuprofen, aleve around the clock and even tylenol (acetaminophen) to help. If this does not resolve he should see his doctor for other options as well. If it still does not resolve, i would recommend him to see a spine specialist for a full evaluation and testing.

In brief: Pinched Nerve/Muscle

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: It

It could be your hip, and it could also be from your spine.
Spinal pain can cause foot numbness and pain going down your leg. As your foot is numb, i would ask that you be seen immediately as you could possibly have a herniated spinal disc. If you have continued or worsening numbness, weakness, any changes or bowel or bladder control, or increased pain then you would have to go to the er.

In brief: It

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Vikram Patel