How should I manage my life now that I have an autoimmune disease?

Dr. Angus Worthing
In brief: Live healthy!
Practice common sense: get enough rest, eat healthy foods in moderation, cut stressors, and exercise as you are able.
These will help your immune system. You may need to carve out time and money for these things, which may take away from other goals, but it will be worth it. Follow doctors' orders for follow up exams, tests and vaccines to prevent illness.

In brief: Live healthy!
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Normally
Just as you have for the 43 years you have already been living.
Do not let the disease get the better of you. Look at it as a wake up call and try to be the healthiest you can since diet, exercise, sleep and positive outlook have all been shown to improve quality of life in patients with autoimmune disease. Also, find a good rheumatologist and listen to their recommendations.

In brief: Normally
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Eric Weisman