Which is a safer method for delivery; induced labor or c-section? My granddaughter is 19 yrs old. With gestational diabetes. Today with her ob visit they are talking about induced labor to bypass any chance of 'stillbirth' for her child. They have passed

In brief: Depends

Size of baby, other risk factors, mom' s pelvic measurements any other anomalies etc.
Listen carefully to risks, benefits, options and timing.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: The

The question of whether induced labor or c-section is safer depends on many issues.
It depends on the medical condition of the mother and the baby; the estimated weight of the baby; the position that the baby is in; the pelvic size of the mother, as well as other issues. In general, labor inductions are attempted as vaginal delivery overall is safer than c-section, but there are certain situations where a c-section must be performed. I am glad that your grand-daughter is seeing a gynecologist who can help guide her in these decisions.

In brief: The

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology