Why do I always have nose bleeds? I am a 45 year old non smoking, non drinking woman of normal weight. 5'4", 129lbs, size 6. I am not taking any medications or supplements of any kind. I have had no recent surgeries. I do not have high blood pressure, ye

Dr. David Jakubowicz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: You

You may be perfectly normal, or you may have either weakness of the blood vessels or problems with your blood that prevent them from clotting normally.
Conditions that lead to weakening of the lining of the blood vessels can result in easy bleeding or excessive bleeding when an injury occurs. Also blood problems that result in excess bleeding can occur with liver problems like cirrhosis or hepatitis, kidney failure, or even genetic problems that result from problems with the normal makeup of the blood. If you have periods still, are they quite heavy? Have your nose evaluated by an otolaryngologist and cauterized, if it bleeds heavily in the exam room, consider a complete blood count, blood chemisty, hepatitis and liver panel. A coagulation workup by a hematologist may also be a good idea if these fail to realize the cause. It also may be you are perfectly healthy and these are normal findings. I hope this helps.

In brief: You

Dr. David Jakubowicz
Dr. David Jakubowicz
Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Frequent

Frequent nose bleeds and easy bruising with a small needle (botox) suggests "thin" blood such as we see with Aspirin or vitamin E users.
You should discuss this with your primary care doctor and have your platelet count and clotting factors checked. This can simply be hereditary.

In brief: Frequent

Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Adam Smith