Could women who had anorexia in the past still get pregnant?

Dr. John Botti
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: With caution

Infants of women with anorexia have lesser birthweight , smaller head circumferences and a 16% rate of microcephaly compared to control patients, due to less maternal pregnancy weight gain, increased nausea/ vomiting of pregnancy, and increased recurrence of anorectic symptoms.
Unintended pregnancy /early pregnancy loss are increased. Prepregnancy evaluation by a clinical team is critical!

In brief: With caution

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Potentially

I would make sure you are followed by a obstetrician for any concerns; before, during, and after pregnancy.

In brief: Potentially

Dr. Adam Levy