Could someone with anorexia get better?

Dr. Donald Hazlett

Like any other medical or psychiatric problem, help is available.
Severity has an influence on outcome generally but isn't always a good predicter. The more severe the traumas suffered the more intense and varied the interventions necessary to make changes. The goal is to improve mood, functioning and protect against serious medical problems. Early diagnosis and treatment improve the outcome.

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Vikas Duvvuri

It is a very difficult illness with the highest mortality in psychiatry.
Early evaluation and treatment from a specialist can reduce the damage it causes to a person. If a local patient needs an evaluation, they can call my office number for an intake.

Dr. Vikas Duvvuri
Dr. Vikas Duvvuri