Is it safe to take rabies vaccine while pregnant or breastfeeding?

Yes. The disease or risk of disease is usually fatal. No problems have been found with administering the vaccine to pregnant or breast feeding women.
No and yes. Rabies vaccines are live inactivated virus that is generally contraindicated in pregnancy because of its potential harm to the fetus. However, given the alternative that rabies infection is 100% fatal, your doctor and local health officials need to weigh the level of risk of rabies in the exposure. The local health officials monitor the rabies incidence in the community.