Can Asian eyelid surgery help me if I do have a crease, but my eyes are hooded? From what i've read, i think my problem is too much fat in my eyelids? Does Asian eyelid surgery help with that, or do I need regular blepharoplasty? .

Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Asian blepharoplasty

From the description of your features, you may require aging Asian blepharoplasty with browpexy.
Have your eyelids evaluated by a board certified surgeon with expertise in these procedures.

In brief: Asian blepharoplasty

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Asian

Asian eyelids look asian because of where the levator muscle inserts on the tarsal plate and skin (typically low) giving a very low lid crease just above the lashes.
In caucasian lids, the crease is much higher (10-12 mm). Both types of lids have fat (especially in the inner corner). If you are asian, you want to discuss at length with you surgeon whether or not you want to keep the asian low crease or have more of a caucasian high crease. The surgery for both are very similar with little (important) nuances. Find your eyelid expert at www.Asoprs.Org.

In brief: Asian

Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Based

Based on your description, i think that you would need a standard blepharoplasty.
I would recommend getting an appointment with a lid surgeon to know for sure.

In brief: Based

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: From

From your description, it sounds as you will essentially be undergoing the typical "caucasian" eyelid surgery unless you are having an epicanthal fold repaired.

In brief: From

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik