How can I find out if I have anemia?

Holly Barth
General Practice
In brief: Blood work
Your physician can run blood work and see if you have anemia.
The test is called a CBC or complete blood count. Another way to easily check for anemia, and do a good deed at the same time, is to go to the local blood bank, and try to donate blood. If you have anemia, they will let you know, and if you don't have anemia, you can save a life.

In brief: Blood work
Holly Barth
Holly Barth
Answer assisted by Holly Barth, Medical Student
Dr. Agos Luca
Pathology
In brief: Doctor
Proper diagnosis of anemia is absolutely necessary for adequate treatment.
This requires appropriate testing by a qualified physician. If you have reason to suspect anemia (fatigue, pallor, bad taste, shortness of breath, red tongue, nail/hair/skin abnormalities, etc.), please consult your doctor or a hematologist.

In brief: Doctor
Dr. Agos Luca
Dr. Agos Luca
Dr. Peter Kurzweil