Can my outie be made into an innie during a mini tummy tuck? I hate my outie belly button. Can it be made into an “innie” during my mini tummy tuck procedure? .

Dr. Terrence Higgins
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Often

Often the "outie" belly button is caused by a small hernia at the belly button that can be corrected at the same time as the mini tummy tuck.
.. This outie more easily corrected during a full tummy tuck however... Examination by a plastic surgeon or general surgeon can help determine the best course of action for you "outie"! best of luck to you. Best of luck to you.

In brief: Often

Dr. Terrence Higgins
Dr. Terrence Higgins
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Sure

Most 'outies' are caused by a small hernia at the base of the belly button.
These can easily be repaired during a tummy tuck to convert it to an 'innie'.

In brief: Sure

Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: The

The only way to really tell is to be evaluated by a surgeon.
Good luck.

In brief: The

Good luck.
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: This

This depends on the cause of the outie.
If it is due to a true hernia this may be more complex and evaluation by a general surgeon may be advised. However, in most instances an outie can be repaired at the time of a mini tummy tuck.

In brief: This

This depends on the cause of the outie.
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: In

In some patients the outie can be turned in to an innie and in others it may not be possible.
Only after an in-person evaluation can a plastic surgeon tell you the facts. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.

In brief: In

Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Most times, yes

Often an "outie" is a sign of an umbilical hernia which is beneath the belly button, causing the bulge.
While this can often be fixed at the time of a tummy tuck, the details would depend on what is seen during your physical examination.

In brief: Most times, yes

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery