Can alcohol aggravate the symptoms of acid reflux, including heartburn?

Yes. Alcohol along with caffeine, nicotine, chocolate, mint and certain medications can worsen esophageal reflux.
Yes. Alcohol is one of the main factors, probably together with obesity and smoking, that influence developing reflux and heartburn. If you have poured alcohol on a cut, you know that it burns! it does the same thing in your esophagus and stomach, as well as relaxing the valve (sphincter) that keeps the acid in your stomach from going up into your esophagus. People with bad reflux should avoid it.