Is rosacea the same thing as acne?

Yes but in adults. Rosacea is considered to be a variant of acne that is found in adults. It can look like teenage acne but it tends to affect areas of the cheeks nose and chin. Unlike traditional teen acnee it tends to be worsened by stress, heat and some foods and drinks. Treatment is usually very effective with topical or oral antibiotics.
No. Rosacea and acne are completely different skin conditions, and respond better to diferent treatments. Seek a board certified dermatolodist in your area for diagnosis and treatment.