What could be causing this pain I am a female, 63 yrs., diagnosed with osteoporosis, degenerative cervical disc disease and acid reflux. About 4:00 a.M., i think my dogs awoke me, but i'm not sure. When i tried to go back to sleep, my shoulder ached a b

Dr. Sudhir Khemka
Anesthesiology

In brief: Most

Most likely it must be amusculokletal pain secondary to some muscle pull while sleeping or waking up suddenly .
But if u dont have any other health issues and no other symptoms then serious problem is unlikely, based on your presentation and history. I suggest if the pain doesn't go and worsens then it is wise to have your primary care review it for possible tests like xrays and MRI if necessary.

In brief: Most

Dr. Vicken Poochikian