How long does chin augmentation surgery take? My best friend will be bringing me to have my chin augmentation. How long does the surgery take? .

Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Chin Aug Surg Time

Surgery length in 30 to 45 minutes after the incision is closed, the procedure is done, unless the patient has requested other procedures as well.
However there is significant time for you to fill our paper work, and be released to go home afterwards. https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/face/chin-augmentation/.

In brief: Chin Aug Surg Time

Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Majid Jamali
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Chin implant

Are you having chin implant placed or sliding genioplasty? Chin implant can be performed within minutes.
Sliding geniplasty might take up to an hour.

In brief: Chin implant

Dr. Majid Jamali
Dr. Majid Jamali
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Chin

Chin implant surgery takes about 30-60 minutes.
You should ask your surgeon for specifics in your case as the timing can vary a bit. Sliding genioplasty chin augmentation takes longer and involves a longer time in the recovery room.

In brief: Chin

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Richard Fleming
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Chin

Chin augmentation surgery will take 30-60 minutes including placement of local anesthesia if done as an isolated procedure.

In brief: Chin

Dr. Richard Fleming
Dr. Richard Fleming
Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: In

In most patients, this procedure can be done in less than an hour and often in half an hour or so.
It depends on the type of augmentation and the experience of the surgeon.

In brief: In

Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Terrence Higgins
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I suspect the chin augmentation is being done with an implant, not with advancing your mandible (jaw bone).
.. This typically will take about an hour to perform. The time may also vary depending on where the surgery is being done-- surgery center or the surgeons own office. Typically more time involved in the surgery center than office setting.

In brief: I

Dr. Terrence Higgins
Dr. Terrence Higgins
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: There

There are several different methods but i assume you are probably speaking about the most common form of chin augmentation which is completed with a silicone gel treatment.
Liposuction is also commonly performed with this procedure. In this scenario surgery will last about 1 hour plus or minus 30 minutes. Chin augmentation with fillers will take minutes whereas rearrangement of boney structures may take closer to 2 hours.

In brief: There

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Marsha Davis