Fertility I want to go to the doctor to take a fertility test but I have no idea where to go or what to do. What excatly do they do to check fertility? I have been told numerous things and it sounds awful. Will it hurt? And I am a woman not a man

To . To find a fertility specialist, you can ask your ob-gyn doctor who they recommend, or do an internet search for fertility specialists in your area. The first visit will just usually be talking to find out your history. You might have an examination or blood work. Depending on what the physician belives is the issue, you may just need medical treatment. Some women end up needing more studies such as an ultrasound to see if they are making eggs (ovulating), or a hysterosalpingogram which is a study of the uterus and tubes to see if there is scarring. The fertility specialist will explain all of these before they happen. Good luck with your treatments, i wish the best for you.