How do I overcome my agoraphobia? But also have epilepsy. When i was fourteen i was diagnosed with epilepsy. Never had it before it just seem to come along....As the years passed i developed a case of agoraphobia...It has taken just about complete control

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: See a counselor

It is definately possible that good CBT, cognitive Behavioral therapy might make a very big difference in your life.
Look under CBT therapists in your area, your payment source may be able to refer you to someone in your plan

In brief: See a counselor

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Dr. Frances Dyro
Neurology

In brief: Epilepsy

Epilepsy is frequently diagnosed during the first 20 or so years of life.
I hope that your medications are successfully controlling your seizures. The issue of agoraphobia is something that would be worth discussing with your doctor who will probably suggest psychiatric help to overcome your fears. Good luck to you.

In brief: Epilepsy

Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Is is a type of

Obessive compulsive behavior. Serotonin reputable inhibitors can work well!

In brief: Is is a type of

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey

In brief: Therapy & Medication

If psychotherapy is not effective enough, consider seeing a Psychiatrist, as you might also benefit from medication.

In brief: Therapy & Medication

Dr. Deborah Reynolds
Dr. Deborah Reynolds