Why might my kidneys have failed during my lung cancer surgery?

In brief: Many factors

There are several factors that can lead to kidney failure, especially after a surgical procedure.
This may be due to the anesthesia, the surgery itself, or from metabolic changes that occur both during and after the surgery. Optimizing your overall medical condition will help facilitate your recovery.

In brief: Many factors

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Kidney failure

After any operation is unfortunate and could be from many causes: an antibiotic, low blood pressure, high blood pressure, underlying kidney disease, a blood clot, etc.
It's not usual, but it does not mean something was done improperly. Ask your doctor. If your not satisfied with the answer, have your records reviewed to establish the cause to your satisfaction.

In brief: Kidney failure

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi