Do i need to treat my minor, reoccurring MRSA lesions with an antibiotic? Currently using hibiclens and antibacterial soap. Currently treating the MRSA lesions with hibiclens and dial antibacterial soap. Letting the lesions drain and keeping them covered.

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: My

My short answer to your question is no, minor lesions need not be treated.
Continued and misguided use of antibiotics can cause resistance to arise in other organisms in your body. Some of the lesions that are popping up are likely results of colonizations. The hibiclens your using is excellent. It leaves an invisible anti-bacterial coating on the skin to decrease skin colonization numbers. Continue to do this. Many docs will try using sulfa and clindamycin...These too commonly fail anyway and are not parts to my regimens.

In brief: My

Dr. Lauren Romeo
Wound care

In brief: No.

Firstly, do you know that you have mrsa, have you had a wound culture? If not you cannot assume that you have mrsa.
If you do have a positive culture then the MRSA will show a sensitivity to a specific antibiotic. Most skin infections will clear without antibiotics.

In brief: No.