How does a thigh lift affect varicose veins? I have a lot of varicose veins. Will a thigh lift get rid of them or make them worse? .

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: V V and Thigh Lift

Most likely the varicose veins will worsen after the thigh lift.
I have see over the years that veins tend to worsen after liposuction or plastic surgery procedures. This is probably due to disruption of the veins and new vein formation. See a vein surgeon for an evaluation before your thigh lift. I would recommend correcting the veins before the lift.

In brief: V V and Thigh Lift

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Terrence Higgins
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: The

The varicosities will certainly not be addressed with the tighlift procedure.
There will be swelling post operatively that can make the veins appear worse temporarily, but should not affect the appearance long term. The surgeon does need to be careful not to violate the superficial venous system or the lymphatic system, this can lead to more permanent lower extemity swelling.

In brief: The

Dr. Terrence Higgins
Dr. Terrence Higgins
Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Doing

Doing a thigh lift should not affect your veins.
They will not be gone, that is for sure.www.beautybybrueck.com.

In brief: Doing

Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery