I've had chronic abdominal stomach pain for the past 2months my doctors just told me I have multiple blood clots what should I do he just put me on a blood thinner today but told me I have a good chance of having a heart attack or stroke

Dr. Frank Mayo
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Continue meds

Remain on the blood thinners to significantly reduce the chance of stroke or heart attack.
You will need screening cardiac and neurologic tests to assess your risk for these diseases.You may alse need a hamatology evaluation to determine why you had clots to begin with.

In brief: Continue meds

Dr. Frank Mayo
Dr. Frank Mayo
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: I

I am glad that you were properly diagnosed with blood clots, as that is a serious problem. I'm not sure if the blood clots are you your lungs or your legs.
Treatment with the blood thinner is appropriate for this condition, and should also help prevent heart attack or stroke since it sounds like you have risk factors. Be sure to follow up closely to monitor your blood "clotting times", since you are on a blood thinner, and notify your doctor if you have any new symptoms such as shortness of breath, pain, or bleeding.

In brief: I

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Umesh Patel