What can I do to get our house ready for my daughter to come home after her double lung transplant?

Dr. Craig Carter
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Nothing special

Try to keep the pollen levels or airbourne material to a minimum. Air filters may help, but in reality, keeping things clean, as well as good hand-washing techniques are beneficial.

In brief: Nothing special

Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Scott Roethle
Anesthesiology

In brief: Clean

She will be immunosuppressed, so anything you can do to reduce her exposure to allergens and/or illnesses will help her immune function.
Masks are good to have for people that may be sick, or for her to wear anytime there are a lot of people around. Beyond that, anything to make her happy, as she should be able to get around pretty well at that point. Make sure she does her breathing and coughing!

In brief: Clean

Dr. Scott Roethle
Dr. Scott Roethle
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
I hope that she is doing well, avoiding open soil and construction areas to avoid airborne fungi is another suggestion.
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology