What can I do to control my pain after lung cancer surgery?

Dr. Savas Mavridis
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Be active

The most important thing you can do is to be as active as you can! use the little breathing exercise tool (voldyne) they gave as often as you can, take your pain medicine as prescribed and be active.
You should feel much better after a couple weeks and fully recovered after 4-6 weeks. If you are still having pain beyond that, you need to see your doctor to determine if there is something wrong!

In brief: Be active

Dr. Savas Mavridis
Dr. Savas Mavridis
Dr. Mitchell Kamrava
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Many things

We have many medicines and approaches to managing pain.
The best approach for you will depend on the type of pain you have and its severity. There is no "one size fits all" approach to pain management. You need to discuss the type of pain and severity of it with your physician.

In brief: Many things

Dr. Mitchell Kamrava
Dr. Mitchell Kamrava