My right hand went numb and stopped working. My fingers were pulsating to my heartbeat. I can control my hand now but it"s numb, female 61 with emphysema

Dr. Monica Wood
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Women

Women can have atypical signs of a heart attack, such as nausea, heartburn, and numbness and tingling.
While we think of left arm pain in association with a heart attack, right hand numbness can occur as well. Another serious condition would be a stroke. I will take the leap and assume you are/were a smoker. That would put you at risk for heart attacks and strokes. You should see someone immediately to be sure it is not life-threatening. If it is not something life-threatening, then it can be a blockage in the blood vessels or a nerve problem. These can also be quite serious and need to be evaluated right away.

In brief: Women

Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: It

It is now 6 days later and 4 days since the last answer, hopefully you heeded the advice given you didnt specify the time frame and that is why it seemed urgent and abrupt, but if it were a long period of time that this occurs ie if it went numb over a three month period and "stopped working" over a few weeks then that is different.
Regardless i hope you get to see someone, so that further questions can ber asked. If you ask questions again please try to be more specific.

In brief: It

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology