I recently had a CT scan of the brain and i want to know what do these findings actually mean? The findings are as follows: focus of decreased density in the sub-cortical white matter of the left frontal lobe, per-ventricular ischemic change. No mass or m

Dr. Stephen Christensen

In brief: Your

Your ct findings are suggestive of cerebrovascular disease, which is usually caused by atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
Smokers and people with uncontrolled hypertension or high cholesterol are commonly affected by cerebrovascular disease. The areas around your brain's ventricles (these are simply hollow chambers within your brain) are particularly susceptible to the reduced blood flow caused by this condition -- hence the "peri-ventricular ischemic change." the area of decreased density in your left frontal lobe could be due to a "lacunar infarct" (i.e., a small stroke), which is another common complication of cerebrovascular disease. Your doctor can help you sort through the potential causes of (and treatment for) cerebrovascular disease. If you're a smoker, quitting would be of great benefit to your brain. I hope things go well for you!

In brief: Your

Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: You

You should discuss this with the doctor that ordered the ct.
He can help you understand the results.

In brief: You

He can help you understand the results.
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Eric Weisman