Is there anything I can do after my lung reduction surgery to build up strength in my lungs?

Dr. Eric Toloza
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Exercise

A lot of deep breathing exercises, a lot of walking, other aerobic exercise, depending on what you can tolerate .
..

In brief: Exercise

..
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Scott Mackinnon
Anesthesiology

The importance here lies in your ability to reexpand your lungs and you should be instructed on how to do incentive spirometry.
These are easy exercises that involve blowing into a simple device, the end result is your lungs will improve much faster. It may be a bit uncomfortable at first, but its worth it.

Dr. Scott Mackinnon
Dr. Scott Mackinnon
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery