I had abreast biopsy done last year and it was binign but they left a small stainless clamp in area. Iam alergic t the breast biopsy came back benign but the clamp they left in iam so worried about since iam even allergic to earings and they get infected

Dr. Eric Brown
Breast Surgery

In brief: No true risk

The biopsy clips are typically made of titanium, not metal like jewelry.
Most of the clips are not contraindications to mri, due to their lack of metal. A clip should always be placed after a core biopsy.

In brief: No true risk

Dr. Eric Brown
Dr. Eric Brown
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Please

Please be seen immediately by the breast surgeon and share your concerns.
Having pain is a concerning symptom and this needs to be evaluated right away. I am sorry this happened to you; but please don't wait if you are having pain, and please have this immediately evaluated. If you developed redness, fever, or increased pain then you would have to be seen as an emergency.

In brief: Please

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery