I have constant pain in my left upper shoulder blade. I notice it a lot when I'm walking to work or doing dishes. I noticed the pain when I started working a job that requires more movement. I have been in no accidents.

Any . Any pain on the chest (this would be considered the back portion of the chest, not just the back), must be taken seriously. Please see your provider for an evaluation and possibly an ekg and complete evaluation. Different possibilities include cardiac pain, which would be worse with exertion, and often accompanied by other symptoms including shortness of breath, feeling sweaty, heart racing or irregular, and radiation of the pain to the arm or jaw. Lung pain would include symptoms of being worse with deep breath, cough, or shortness of breath. Muscular causes would be worse with movement, and relieved with holding still. Muscular pain can be improved with physical therapy, stretching, and oral medications such as tylenol (acetaminophen) or advil. Please see your doctor though for a complete evaluation.