I have this numbness in my forearm. I was outside in 30-35f weather wearing a tight undershirt but no unbearably tight.Whats up i don't know what the problem is. I've tried massaging and taking warm showers and nothing helps. This happened 3 days ago a

Dr. Monica Wood
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: There

There are 3 main nerves that supply the forearm and hand, but also some skin branches from nerves higher up.
Depending on what part of your forearm is numb, it could be related to any one or all of these nerves. They are the median, radial, and ulnar nerves and the medial and lateral antebrachial cutaneous nerves. While a constricting shirt may pinch a nerve and cold may deaden it, the symptoms should be better rather quickly. It would take a fair amount of nerve injury for the symptoms to last 3 days. The nerve i worry about most is the ulnar nerve. It controls most of the fine motions and strength of the hand and sensation to the ring and small fingers. A few times a year, i will see a rapid onset weakness (palsy) of the ulnar nerve muscles. Most of them do not have a known cause. You should see your primary care physician, a neurologist, or hand surgeon to have this evaluated. Some nerve problems need to be treated relatively quickly to prevent permanent nerve damage.

In brief: There

Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham