Do I have to be a normal weight to qualify for tumescent liposuction? I am about 10% overweight. Can i still have tumescent liposuction, or do I have to be a normal weight first? .

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: May be.

It is possible that you may be a candidate for liposuction surgery; a precise answer would require in-person consultation.
Best to achieve your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding, but you may be close enough. The quality of skin elasticity overlying the areas of concern will also be important to a successful outcome. Best wishes.

In brief: May be.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Probably

Are a candidate for liposuction, as long as you're otherwise healthy, and your skin elasticity is good.
Best to see your local board-certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: You can

Liposuction is not a weight loss solution but a contouring solution.
So if you have localized fat to remove, lipo can be done to improve your overall shape and curves.

In brief: You can

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Matthew Galumbeck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Most likely you can

Liposuction is a shaping procedure, not a weight loss procedure.
If you have areas of fat that are making you disproportionate, then liposuction will help. Liposuction permanently removes fat cells, so it will not only make you smaller, but give you a better shape as well. Liposuction is not a replacement for healthy eating habits and exercising.

In brief: Most likely you can

Dr. Matthew Galumbeck
Dr. Matthew Galumbeck
Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: No

I generally recommend that patients be within 30 pounds of their ideal weight before undergoing liposuction.
That being said, I often treat patients who want to "jumpstart" their weight loss by getting off those first few inches and making them feel better about themselves. At just 10% over your ideal, you could be a great candidate for liposculpting! www.OmahaCosmeticSurgery.com

In brief: No

Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: You

You are a candidate.

In brief: You

You are a candidate.
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Adam Smith