I just took a UTI home test and the results came out leu positive and nit negative. What does this mean? I had a UTI early last month and my doctor gave me some antibiotics. I took all of them until they were gone.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: The

The leu stands for leukocytes which are white blood cells that are usually present when there is an infection.
The nit stands for nitrites, which are found when certain bacteria is present in the urine. Honestly you cannot determine if you have a UTI this way, but it is suggestive. Therefore you should go back to your doctor for a urine culture and sensitivity testing so the appropriate treatment can be initiated. Best of luck.

In brief: The

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Levy