I have swollen veins and small knots on the inside of my right thigh and calf. When i press on them it is a little painful. I am phyisically fit and active. I have not had any exams for several years.

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: May be Veins.

Common things happen commonly.
What you are describing sounds like varicose veins. The knots could be areas where the malfunctioning valves have become prominent. Varicose veins are common in all women, whether physically fit or not. You should see a vein specialist for an evaluation. If the problem is not venous then they should also be able to determine that.

In brief: May be Veins.

Common things happen commonly.
Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Monica Wood
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: It

It is hard to know what is going on without seeing the bumbs.
I also don't know your age and family history. It sounds like you are describing varicose veins. Some of them are small and red. Others get big and blue. They can start when you're rather young, but tend to get worse with age. People with large varicose veins can have tired, sore, swollen legs because the blood is slow to get back to the heart. They are also at risk of developing clots in the deep veins. You should start with your primary care physician or a vascular surgeon to see what these really are.

In brief: It

Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Arnon Rubin