I have been having breast pain I have been having breast pain on and off for the last month or so

Fibrocystic changes. This most likely is breast pain due to fibrocystic changes. This is the most common cause of breast pain. If you have not had an ultrasound, then it is a good idea to make sure there is not a mass that could not bee seen on mammogram. After the ultrasound, an evaluation by a breast specialist is strongly suggested.
You . You need to have a complete physical examination to determine the cause of your breast pain. If you are of the age that you need mammograms then please be sure that your mammograms are up to date. If there is any chance you could be pregnant, then please take a pregnancy test to be sure, as pregnancy causes breast tenderness. Hormone fluctuations caused by stress on the body can cause breast tenderness, but you need a complete medical evaluation for your ongoing symptoms. If you have any breast redness, lumps, or fever then you must be seen immediately.