Should I be concerned that I have been menstruating for over a month? I am in my mid forties, but have always had a regular cycle that lasted no more than a week...I have lost 40lbs in the last five months...Have no medical conditions of any kind....

I . I agree with your concern, and you need to have a complete gynecological evaluation. Please be sure your pap smear is up to date. You may need a blood test to be sure you aren't anemic from the bleeding. You may need an endometrial biopsy (test of the lining of the uterus). An examination or an ultrasound may be necessary to determine if you have fibroids of the uterus (noncancerous growths that frequently cause bleeding). Your weight loss is very concerning if that is unintentional. Your bleeding could be from peri-menopause, but you need a complete evaluation because of the prolonged bleeding.